Young Adult Scholarships to CWD’s Friends for Life Conference
What is Covered?
Each scholarship will cover the following expenses for one person (Young Adult 18 to 24):
- Conference registration, which includes all sessions and session materials
- One guest room (to be shared with another young adult recipient) for five nights
- Wednesday Grand Opening Reception (6:00 pm)
- Wednesday First Timers Reception (late afternoon)
- Thursday breakfast, lunch and snack breaks
- Thursday Family and Friends Banquet
- Friday lunch and snack breaks
- Saturday events
- Sunday Farewell Breakfast
- Various receptions/socials
- One t-shirt per registered person
What is Not Covered?
The following items will NOT be covered under the scholarship:
- Transportation to and from the conference
- Meals not outlined above
- Incidental charges (i.e., phone, room service, etc.) incurred during the stay. Each recipient will be required to provide the hotel a credit card for any incidental charges.
Who is Eligible?
Eligible young adults must complete a typed application (not handwritten) and submit it by the deadline (postmarked by April 15, 2017). Applications will be evaluated based on the individual person’s:
- Interest in better diabetes management
- Enthusiasm for sharing their diabetes knowledge with others in their community
- Track record of involvement in diabetes education outreach
- Applicants must be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
Recipients are expected to attend a full complement of educational sessions and other events held during the CWD conference. This includes a total of 8 sessions (four on Thursday and four on Friday). Additionally, you will be asked to complete a brief written evaluation of the conference and the scholarship program at the conclusion of the conference.
Applicants will be notified via e-mail when their application is received. Young adults that are awarded a scholarship will be notified no later than May 1, 2017 via e-mail. Applicants must furnish email addresses in order to be notified. Scholarship funds will be disbursed directly to Children with Diabetes to cover conference costs. The Diabetes Scholars Foundation will make hotel reservations for the scholarship families.
The Foundation reserves the right to award additional scholarships, after the deadline and notification dates, if funds become available.
Questions about the application or the application process may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please DO NOT contact Children with Diabetes with questions. The scholarship program is administered by the Diabetes Scholars Foundation, which is a separate non-profit organization.