Family Scholarships to CWD’s Friends for Life UK Conference
Applications Available January 2015
Family scholarships cover the cost of conference registration, hotel stay, and limited meals at the conference for up to a family of four. Families must provide their own transportation to the conference.
What is Covered?
- Conference registration, which includes educational sessions, activities, and unlimited access to vendor exhibits
- Meals during the conference, including dinner on Friday; breakfast, lunch and snacks on Saturday & Sunday, Dinner on Saturday and Disco themed party for adults and children, Teen social on Saturday
- One guest room (for up to four guests) for two nights
- CWD conference t-shirt
What is Not Covered?
- Transportation to and from the conference
- Meals not outlined above
- Theme park tickets (except for teens on Friday)
- Incidental charges (i.e., phone, room service, etc) incurred during the stay (each family will be required to provide the hotel a credit card for any incidental charges)
- Expenses for extended family members and/or friends
Who is Eligible?
Eligible families must complete a typed application (not handwritten), by November 1, 2012. Applications will be evaluated based on the individual family’s:
- Interest in better caring for their child with diabetes
- Enthusiasm for sharing their diabetes knowledge with others in their community
- Track record of involvement in diabetes education outreach
- Financial need
Each family must have at least one child (age infant to 18 years old) who has Type 1 diabetes.
Recipients are expected to attend a full complement of educational sessions and other events held during the CWD conference.