Family Scholarships to CWD’s Friends for Life Conference
What is Covered?
- Conference registration, which includes all sessions and session materials for adults and children
- Childcare for children age 5 and under
- Wednesday Grand Opening Reception (6:00 pm)
- Wednesday First Timers Reception (late afternoon)
- Thursday breakfast, lunch and snack breaks
- Thursday Family and Friends Banquet
- Friday lunch and snack breaks
- Friday Off Site Day for teens
- Saturday events
- Sunday Farewell Breakfast
- Various receptions/socials (Teen Dance, Tween Social, Dessert with the Faculty)
- One t-shirt per registered person
What is not Covered?
- Transportation to and from the conference
- Meals not outlined above
- Incidental charges (i.e., phone, room service, etc) incurred during the stay (each family will be required to provide the hotel a credit card for any incidental charges)
- Expenses for extended family members and/or friends
Who is Eligible?
Eligible families must complete a typed application (not handwritten), postmarked by April 15, 2016. Applications will be evaluated based on the individual family’s:
- Interest in better caring for their child with diabetes
- Enthusiasm for sharing their diabetes knowledge with others in their community
- Track record of involvement in diabetes education outreach
- Financial need
- Each family must have at least one child (age infant to 18 years old) who has Type 1 diabetes
Applicants from the United States are required to provide a copy of their 2015 Federal Tax Form 1040, copy of W-2, as well as their last two pay stubs (for each parent if both parents work). Applications must be submitted with all supporting material at the same time. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Applicants will be notified via e-mail when their application is received. Families awarded a scholarship will be notified by May 15, 2016 via e-mail. Applicants must furnish email addresses in order to be notified. Scholarship funds will be disbursed directly to Children with Diabetes to cover conference costs. The Diabetes Scholars Foundation will make hotel reservations for the scholarship families.
The Foundation reserves the right to award additional scholarships, after the deadline and notification dates, if funds become available.
Questions about the application or the application process may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not contact Children with Diabetes with questions. The scholarship program is administered by the Diabetes Scholars Foundation, which is a separate non-profit organization.